X

clutch engaging

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch engaging

So ive finally got my bike running good but in first gear with clutch in its still trying to lightly engage. Takes all my legs got to hold it still at stop lights. Played a little with the handlebar adj to no avail.any suggestions. Bike is a post 98 thanks

Might be sticking plates and fibers. There is a brake, you know....haha
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ha. My mind went straight to "why not just brake"

Comment

There is a sticky so where on here how to adjust your clutch. The procedure is in the manual also. There is a lock nut and screw adjustment behind a small rubber plug on the side of the bike that you start with.

Comment

Well holding it still wouldnt be a problem if i wasnt 5'4. Lol. Imma quite short. Even w lowering link still cant flat foot. Ill have to ready sticky n tear into it this weekend. Hasnt been rode in couple weeks either due to overtime at work.

Comment

You live in FL, should be warm enough to ride to work. Maybe something to think about?
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

yea but rains every other day . dont get me wrong i love the weather. 3weeks of winter the rest is summer . but with summer comes the rain. im not too fond of riding in the rain so i just rock the ole ladys corolla till im done building my truck. have the kat for the weekend cruises

Comment

gotcha. Wasn't aware it rained all the time there. We're in our 4th year of a really bad drought out on the left coast - fancy sending some of that rain our way?
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

O yea man i would love to. I live out in the sticks you could say . So more than a light shower and i now have lake front property! But i build big 4x trucks as a hobby. So inturn rain is a good and bad thing for me lol

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                    X