X

Damper rod doesnt look like the picture in Racetech install walkthrough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damper rod doesnt look like the picture in Racetech install walkthrough

Ok so I have this walkthrough at the ready for the racetech spring and cartrige emulator install. Except, my damper rod doesnt look like the one in the picture. I really cant explain it because I dont know the names of all the pieces in my hands. So.... Im going to use a picture an laments terms..

In the racetech install, that long small rod I assume came out with the fork cap. On mine, the rod has some type of valve system thing on it preventing them from coming out and the "mesh" as he calls it appears pressed in. I dont see how I can get these out without damaging something.

And the other problem is where you are supposed to braise holes shut. Mine doesnt have holes....

I dont want to break anything. Im tapped. $600 is enough for one off season. Hopefully someone will have seen this before and can tell me wtf to do. lol
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

That mesh has to come out. It doesn't come out without damaging it. Just rip that shit out.

Comment

haha ok cool thanks! Thats what i needed to know. What about the holes that arent there to braise?
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

The holes are there, just teeny. There's a few under that plasticky oring thing , the others are between 1 and 2" down from there. All the same height, just not sure exactly how far down. They're like 1 or 2mm type small.

I completely destroyed my 1st mesh piece, 2nd was easier once I knew what I was doing. I think it's an interference fit so it's snug but it'll pry/ply out (ply = pliers)

Oops, forgot you had a pre. What I said was for a post. Not sure how applicable it is. Also didn't notice at first glance of your pic that you already pulled off that plasticky oring deal.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

On the pres they are below that. They're on every damper rod I've ever seen. They are pretty small though. They're right here:

Last edited by arsenic; 03-13-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Son of a bitch!! I seriously didn't see em! Thanks arsenic. So do I braise them all shut? Sorry I'm out and don't have the manual to reference first.
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Talk to Tmod about that. He'll be able to tell you want to do.

Comment

Working...
              X