1 spark from each coil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 spark from each coil

94 gsx600f that gets 1 spark from each coil,
    I clipped the spark plug wires at both end to get fresh connection, I cracked open the crankcase sensor and it looks as though everything is in order. I spent 6 hours tracing every wire for bad connections and for corrosion. But when I flip flop the connections on the coil, the other plug Sparks and the one that did no longer does.

I am a newbie and this is my first bike, so I am not knowledgable. Please keep it simple stupid.

Please help, I get 3ohms across each coil when isolated, I am ready to replace both coils.

They are dual spark coils. Left coil is 1 & 4 right is 2 & 3. Did you replace the plugs? Are you saying that only ones side of the coil has spark?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      They are dual spark coils. Left coil is 1 & 4 right is 2 & 3. Did you replace the plugs? Are you saying that only ones side of the coil has spark?
      Plugs seen good, I didn't replace them. Bike was running good untill this all of a sudden.

I am using a tester plug that I clip onto the frame, I only get one spark from the coil when I hook the test plug to each of the boots, but when I swith the clip on leads (OW and BY) and flip flop them on the same coil the other plug starts sparking and the previous one stop.

Comment

Bad coils both should fire at the same time.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Do they go all of a sudden like this?

Comment

It's possible, they are old..
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Do you recommend a certain kind?

Comment

Any 3ohm dual spark coil will work. I'd get the OEM coils, if it were mine.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Do you think it's a bad ground if I am still getting 3 ohms at the coils?

Comment

Working...
                  X