X

new chain and sprockets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new chain and sprockets

So my chain started developing a tight spot and lost an o ring on the master link. After doing some research I think im just going to replace both sprockets with a new chain. Ebay sells a JT chain and sprocket combo for 150. Does anybody have any experience using JT products or does anybody know any other good chain/ sprocket combos for sale online?

I put a JT chain on the 88'. Good warranty, looks to be a quality chain.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have always had good luck with the JT sprokets. I have only used R&K and DID chains myself.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Bikebandit has a sale on chains/sprockets today fyi
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Just remember, don't take the old chain off until after you have broken the locktite on the front sprocket and removed the nut holding the sprocket on.
          Kyle

Comment

I screwed up and broke the chain too early. Luckily I threw some zip ties on it just so I could take the sprocket nut off and it worked. The job is almost done and the only question I have left is are there any torque specs on the front sprocket cover? The book I download only has the specs for the sprocket nuts but nothing on the bolts that hold the cover on.

Comment

Forgot to post. It's on a 99 750f

Comment

4-5 lb/ft use blue thread locker
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Blue locktight? It had red on it when I took the bolts off

Comment

blue is sufficient. easier to remove. they are screwed into aluminum.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Does it do any harm to take the pushrod out and install it by putting it in the case first and then pushing it all together? I put it back together and rode it around the block and everything seemed ok

Comment

That's usually how it's done..
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks man I think that's the last question I have. I just wanted to play it safe because the book isn't as detailed as I would like it to be

Comment

You could unload the cluch cable, install the pin, then readjust the clutch.. PITA..
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                            X