Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

91 gsx600f need help with vacuum lines and fuel lines.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 gsx600f need help with vacuum lines and fuel lines.

I have a 91 gsx 600f where do all the lines go?

There is only 1 vac line ( right side of carb 4) it runs to the petcock. Tank ports run to the bottom of the bike, looking at the carbs, the ports towards the seat are fuel lines, ports towards the engin are vent lines. They run over the airbox, through the retainers to the bottom of the bike. If you have a Cali bike and still have some or all of the components... I would remove it. Other wise consult the manual or someone here way be able to help on that.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I noticed fuel was mixing with oil in my crank case. Both of the upper lines between 1&2, 3&4 one I had going to my sending unit and the other is missing a line but the nipple is pointing straight up. So both of these need to be faced down away From my engine ?

Comment

There are 4 ports in that local. Toward the seat it fuel, toward the head is a vent. All point up. The ports near the head have hoses that route over the airbox to the bottom of the bike. All tank hoses are vents or drain lines, route those down also.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Do you have a illustrated picture you could show me?

I just got the bike and had to buy a new tank. It was off so I had no way of knowing what goes where. But the drain lines between 1&2, 3&4 have a nipple that goes between the two and a line connects to them. One is missing a line and the other I had connected to my sending unit they move up and down. I know this because I tried to put a line on the one missing one and it moved toward my engine.
          Last edited by lukewarm176; 02-02-2015, 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You have the California emmissions crap. Search for removal of all that. Pics would help.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X