Replaced Choke and Clutch Cables

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced Choke and Clutch Cables

I replaced the choke and clutch cables today and noticed some 'things'. :

1. Right, so the clutch is biting almost straight away from pulling it in, it makes gear changing easier but it just feels odd because I almost have to drop the lever to do anything, the adjuster on the handle is all the way in, and there is no slack in the lever, do I need to tighten or loose the clutch end for it to bite less 'early'?

2. Also, whilst changing the choke cable I took the cover off for the main beam/passing light choke housing etc and noticed one red wire, and one yellow wire that had been cut or something I had to tape them up as they blew my fuses when the passing light as knocked by the clutch. My headlight stays on regardless of setting on the other side of the handlebars, could one of these two wires be anything to do with a constant front light on? It also seems like I am missing a clutch switch too, but I am unsure if it comes with one as standard, this bike has been bodged so badly! Don't worry you got a new owner now .

3.When the handlebars are turned, and the choke is on the bike revs up.

4.The idle is extremely low (600-800RPM) and drags on its return, it sits at 1.2-1.3k for like a couple of seconds and then just drops back down I've tried adjusting the A/F screw and it doesn't seem to help. (So I have to run it on small choke).
    Does this sound like an air-leak? I will check those vacuum nibs because I hear they can cause issues, but it could be that the carbs need to be synced too.
    Last edited by Cemariah; 01-22-2015, 06:00 PM.

Try a sync first, out of sync carbs cause all sorts of issues. Make sure the carb boots are good and tight, the drain hose on the airbox has a plug in it. Check the petcock vac port/diaphragm for vac leak. All else fails, your carbs are dirty.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

One of the ignition coils wasn't even plugged in, and I just realise where the idle adjuster is some little nib that pokes out of the side from a long pipe, didn't realise that was the idle adjuster haha, runs fine now (Enough to ride atleast)! I probably adjusted the throttle screw or something yesterday...

Comment

Working...
      X