Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel lines help!

Good morning everyone!

I have a 90' Suzuki katana 750

I'm having some issues with my carburetors I'm guessing.

When I fill the tank with gas and open the petcock to allow some gas to fill the carbs after its been sitting. It seems to flood the bike. When I close the petcock to on it does not flood the bike untill I turn the bike on it sucks a ton of gas to the point it floods it and shuts off. Is this a carburetor issue or a petcock?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Carb 100%. Float needles aren't sealing
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I took the float cover off all the carburetor bodies and two of the floats were not moving freely like the others I pushed them down and something made a click noise and was moving freely after that. I want to check the float needles but don't know what I would be looking for aswell as if I remove the floats to get to the needle would I mess up anything?

Thanks for the fast response bud

Comment

You can remove the needles without removing the floats, the needles hang on the float, use needle nose pliers and pull them out gently. You will have ro remove the float from the assembly. Not hard at all.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The needles aren't the issue. The sediment in your tank that got sucked into the carbs is now between the float needles and the seat (lower half of the float). That is causing your floats not to move freely. After you take the floats out/apart, if you don't set the float heights correctly, you will certainly mess up the fuel flow. This is obviously just my suspicion, but if you don't clean and seal the tank, it will happen again. Simple fact, the sediment, rust, crud, has to come from somewhere. 99% of the time, it's from the tank.
          Last edited by arsenic; 12-14-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

yeah I initially thought about all the crud the gsxr fuel tank had inside. I will be cleaning that tank out (shouldve done it the first time) Ehh we will see if im willing to take all that apart I really have bad luck with taking things apart. Will have to see if I can find someone in the Wisconsin area that can help me check the carburetors out.

Comment

Well I took the covers off and took the needles out and blew some tiny sludge off (very tiny but enough to make the needle stay open) hooked it up to the katana petcock and ran great, will be cleaning the gsxr tank and if the weather stays great hooking it up and riding soon? Lol gotta love wisconsin
              Thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

Working...
              X