X

Remove rs-3 slip on muffler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove rs-3 slip on muffler

Did a search but nothing there. Trying to get my Yoshi rs-3 exhaust off but it is seriously on the mid-pipe. I assume it's a slip hit but considerable whacking hasn't budged it,

I'm anxious to not damage it by hitting too hard so if anyone has an idea I'm all ears.

Penetrating fluid, like PB Blaster or Kroil and twist. You can't loosen something by whacking it straight off. I don't give a fuck how hard you hit it chief. Twist, it's key.

Comment

Heat gun works too, heat up the connection while keeping the mid pipe cool with a wet rag.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Twisting is what I expected to work but won't budge. I'll let the blaster sit overnight and resort to heat if I still can't move it tomorrow.

Thanks

Comment

Yeah, I'd hit it with Kroil or PBlaster and let it sit awhile, then apply some careful heat (Small handheld torch or even just a hair dryer) to the Yoshi side of the joint, then twist, you might try a strap wrench if you find you're having a hard time getting a solid grip.

Comment

My buddy was over today and says it isn't a slip on exhaust but the can and the mid-pipe are one unit and can't be separated. There is no weld line around the joint but he says it's a press fit.

Anyone know if Yoshi rs-3's were sold that way?

Comment

I think the Rs-3 is a slip on, i think it is te same pipe I had one on my old bike (The one i just wrecked :/) before I put the Delkavic on it, And it was held on with some RTV silicone type stuff from the Previous Owner, not sure if it came with it or not, but you might try hitting it with a heat gun and twisting pretty hard. I didnt remember it being too difficult to remove though, there should be a bolt you'll need to loosen pretty near the underneath of the front right footpeg.

Comment

I don't think Yosh made pipes that were one piece can and mid pipe. It's more economical for them to build one can, and then bend a bunch of mid pipes for the application.

It's possible that someone put some RTV on the joints, or that the metals have just rusted together.

Get it off the bike first, then worry about separating it from the mid pipe.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My Yoshi pipe is the can and midpipe.. The only seem is at the collector (i think that's what its called). I got a full Yoshi exhaust system. 2 pieces, headers then the can and midpipe slip on to them
                  My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

maniac, is your one piece exhaust and mid pipe the rs-3 or something else? You probably wouldn't have posted to this thread if it was a different model but just asking to be sure.

Every time I think to call Yoshi it's either at night or the weekend.

Comment

Yoshi did make bike specific exhaust systems and they were pressed on cans. My old Yoshi was pressed on. That is why I recommened the heat gun.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Well, memory did not serve me correctly... Completely... There is, in fact, a seem on the midpipe. It is however welded, and looks to be a factory weld.

I dont know what "model" this is. i guess it's an R&D but if so, its gotta be old, or came with (as junker mentioned) the bike specific exhaust system that I believe has been purchased for it. Countless google searches only render 1 or 2 results with this exact same can.
                        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
                        X