Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone know how to lower your bike height cheaply?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to lower your bike height cheaply?

Hey folks,

OK, now that my bike is up and running (gotta do yet another carb sync, but she runs!), I've noticed that my bike height is a little high. I bought her from a guy who is about 6 foot, and I'm 5'8". So, it's a little on the high side, as I stand on my toes, but not all the way, just I'm on my toes, and it's enough that handling her while standing up causes some issues (like drops!). I'd like to have both feet solidly planted while handling her.

So, here's my question. How do you lower her a tad? I just need about 3/4 - 1inch lowering in height. And is this a function that's already on the bike? I don't exactly have the cash to buy yet more upgrades/adjustment materials yet.

No free way to do it unless you have access to metal working tools. You'd need a set of lowering links. You can also drop in an r6 shock and that lowers the rear a bit, but that's probably going to cost more than lowering links.
    Something to keep in mind, if you lower it, it changes the angle of the sidestand so it's more prone to tip over when parked unless you modify that as well. Honestly, just ride it. You'll get used to it quickly. If you're worried about messing up the fairings should you drop it, just remove them and ride the bike naked for a couple weeks.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
    X