X

Carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs

I swapped out the trans in my gsx600f the other day and unfortunately I forgot to drain the carbs and store them properly ... I'm an idiot, Anyways long story short I ended up bending a butterfly valve while trying to get them unstuck. Well (2) technically and can't find any replacements. Any ideas??? Fyi its a 93 model
    O' Yeah... Break out the Mud Boots this is gonna get deep!!!

You may have to replace the entire body, remove the plate and try to flatten it back out. You will have to drill the heads off the screws to get those out.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

i got the screws out fairly easily and pulled the butterflies out. i did straighten them the best i could but they still aren't like they should be and it bugs the crap outta me. They are one of the few parts I cant even find on a diagram...

Comment

That's because it's part of the body.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

its listed on the 89 model but not available. any idea what the diameter of it is. Maybe I can find a universal one from a different model???

Comment

If you have a micrometer that you can measure, I know they are 33mm carbs.

Or are they 31 mm carbs

They are 31mm carbs.

Arsenic should be around, he may be able to help some.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-02-2014, 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

I figured it would be easier to just ask then go tearing them apart again in the middle of the night LoL. If no one readily knows its not a big deal I will cross that bridge on a different day when I am more eager to do something.

Comment

1 problem is, not to many have those carbs, they are odd balls that were only used on 88-89. 90-97 is a better carb set.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

He says he's has a 93 model. In which case he does have BST33SS carbs. 33mm. They do not sell either the butterfly, or the linkage ANYWHERE. To be more clear THOSE PARTS DO NOT EXIST.

Comment

Doh..... What a dumb ass I is...

What the hell was I thinking!!! Why was I thinking halfway threw a statement he changed bikes, sorry lost my mind kind of.
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-02-2014, 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                    X