X

What is ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is ?

Ok i saw it when i was up at the drag strip these guys with their PIMP bikes had this set up on the front end it was a nylon strap that went from the left side of the fork up over the tripple tree and down to the right side and attached on both sides... what it called i know it compresses the forks so that when you accelerate hard the front end wont come up as easy and youll have better launches and all? whats it call and would it be practical for street use ?

It's called a strap...easy huh?

As far as the street, I wouldn't use one but I know people who do. The downside of strapping your front suspension is that the fork can no longer extend. You very effectively disable half of what you suspension was designed to do.
    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

how much and where can i get one for my corona-tana? 89 750

Comment

My understanding is, it is not bike specific. There is problably 3 sizes or something like that. I saw a guy on 1000 GSXR pulling his tight before the bikes had their turn to go down the track. Ya i saw most of the full liters at the track with those straps and a number with swing are exstensions. The exstension add another 5 inches? to the bikes arm again to make it harder to lift the front wheel.
        Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

alright well i just wanna know like where i can get them ill check my dennis kirk again ..i just want one so i can have it when i drag race cuz ive poped her up about 3 times and each time ..it hurt when i came down...on the tank lol ..oh well thanks for the info

Comment

I popped up too. Dropping the clutch in the mid 4k zone did that. The full liters with the strap still popped up. They had so much power I would just watch with my head against the tank as they go throught the 1/4 in the mid 130s low 140s. When I go through at 108 mph.
            Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                alright well i just wanna know like where i can get them ill check my dennis kirk again ..i just want one so i can have it when i drag race cuz ive poped her up about 3 times and each time ..it hurt when i came down...on the tank lol ..oh well thanks for the info
                IMHO:
                Get thicker fork oil, stronger fork springs if you're slapping down hard enough to hurt yourself... It won't help you, but it will help the bike take the load.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

yea ..i just might wear a cup next time lol ... but that is a good idea cyber ..ill look in to that this summer

Comment

What are you going to do if a starp comes off? Sounds risky to me. I would maybe look into getting after market forks off a Gixxer or something.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

teh strap cant come off it goes thought your axel ..and i dont think i can break that kind of nylon strap

Comment

In drag racing, the less travel you have in the front suspension the less chance of the frontend getting airborn. Duff, do you put your feet back when going down the track? That helps keep the frontend down also. Most of the Pro stock bikes have no suspension in the front or rear. They use a strut bar in the rear. The straps on the front can be found anywhere but Schnitz racing is the way to go.
                        SweetLou, the straps have enough tensil strength to pull a small car so I don't think you have to worry about them breaking. Unless you are cutting them by mounting them wrong and they get cut some how.
                        Duff, I would only use them on the track not on the street. You need all the travel you can get on the street.
                        Thom/KatBusa rocks in spring 05
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

yea i know ill prob install it on my bike keep it on when im on the street and when i get to the track just rake it down ...i think im gonna take a look at schnitz ...i found one on ebay for like 30 bux ..so idonno

Comment

Schnitzracing.com or Starracing.com are the best two that I have delt with in the past.
                            While you are at it and if you are real serios about drag racing your bike, look at extending the swingarm. It will also help keep the frontend down, if you haven't noticed how long the Pro stock bikes are.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                              yea i know ill prob install it on my bike keep it on when im on the street and when i get to the track just rake it down ...i think im gonna take a look at schnitz ...i found one on ebay for like 30 bux ..so idonno
                              Hello? I posted the link to the straps on Schnitz's site...$21.

Comment

Working...
                              X