Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Is something wrong with my transmission?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is something wrong with my transmission?

Okay I'm very confused and lost. I bought a 06 katana 750 about 6months ago. I bought it as a project. I took it out for a spin yesterday and everything is perfectly smooth and boy that thing has a lot of power. I can even start off in 2nd going up hill. Okay here is the problem. It only has five gears! Doesnt the katana have 6gears? It shifts through all gears smoothly.

yeah, it's a 6 speed. The 1100 is a 5 speed. is the engine silver or black?

Comment

Silverish gray

Man it will suck if the trans is bad. Put so much time in it.
      Last edited by 44vulcan; 08-16-2014, 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's not an 1100. When a transmission goes bad, it slips out of second frequently. It doesn't lose sixth gear. Are you shifting properly? down = 1 N up = 2 up = 3 up = 4
        up = 5 up = 6
        Last edited by arsenic; 08-16-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Aw man. Yes I do. We'll I think... I was having to much fun on it lol. I am going to double check today if the weather clears up. That is the strangest thing.

Okay I went out and came back a couple minutes ago. Yes I counted wrong. I do have 6speeds. Dang it. I thought I had a 1100 engine lol. I think I see a 1100 swap in the future. Haha
          Last edited by 44vulcan; 08-16-2014, 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Dude, you're 17, worry about making it to 21 before you swap in an engine that's older than you. Not to sound harsh, but it's usually a good idea to know how to shift before riding an 1100... jus' sayin'

Comment

Haha. I've been riding for 3 years now on various motorcycles. All of the motorcycles I've ridden are very clunky and require a heavy foot. Haha I have a ninja 650r that has a clunky transmission. The katana requires less effort to shift so I could of easily mistaken 5 gears for 6. Anyways..... I love fixing, modifying, and riding motorcycles. You should check out my intro post so you can know my mission here. I might need your help for this swap....

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                Dude, you're 17, worry about making it to 21 before you swap in an engine that's older than you. Not to sound harsh, but it's usually a good idea to know how to shift before riding an 1100... jus' sayin'
                good advice.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

lol I did the same thing the first time I rode mine.i didn't count 1st gear.
                  YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Comment

Originally posted by daddijuggalo View Post
                    lol I did the same thing the first time I rode mine.i didn't count 1st gear.
                    Finally someone understands me.

Comment

I don't count my gears and ride on lots of 40-50 mph roads. When I am on major highways I always feel like I should have one more gear. I'll go to shift and then realize I am out of gears and always feel like DOH!

Comment

Working...
                      X