X

What is the rev limit on 98+ 600 kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the rev limit on 98+ 600 kat?

What is the rev limit on 98+ 600 kat? Will a black box from a 98+ 600 fit a 98+ 750 kat?
    Is Effingham a swear word?

Yes a CDI from a 600 will work on a 750 and 750 will work on a 600. Now here is the catch, boxes from 1998-2001 are interchangable and boxes from 2002-2004 are interchangable. In 2002 Suzuki changed the plug on the wireing harness so be carefulkl what you buy. Look at the pic below to see what I mean.

Comment

the rev limit...thats when your bike goes....bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-

Comment

Range,
        I know what it sounds like. What I am wondering is if the 600 has a higher rev limit than the 750. Not that I want the rev limit raised or any thing I am just wondering.
        Thanks,
        Aaorn

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
          Range,
          I know what it sounds like. What I am wondering is if the 600 has a higher rev limit than the 750. Not that I want the rev limit raised or any thing I am just wondering.
          Thanks,
          Aaorn
          I am not sure...I think they are the same!

Comment

My 600 redlines at 11,000. I don't know if it shuts down then or not.

Comment

mines around 11,500. it's out of the torque curve though.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
                Range,
                I'll look into during the coming week and get back to you. Normally, larger pistons would dictate a lower redline because of a higher amount of reciprocal mass; I'd expect there to be a 500 RPM redline difference if I had to just guess off the top of my head.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What is this "Red Line" you are talking about?

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

On my 01 750 it starts kicking in at around 11.5 k even though the tach shows a 12k redline. Since the mods on my bike the revs climb much faster and the rev limiter kicks in a little sooner and when I questioned the dealer about this he informed me that the computer anticipates the rate of climb and starts a little sooner. Now I have to be a little more vigilant when I'm twisting the loud handle. In stock form you have an eternity between shifts in the first three gears, free up the motor and you have to pay a little more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Leadsled
                      On my 01 750 it starts kicking in at around 11.5 k even though the tach shows a 12k redline. Since the mods on my bike the revs climb much faster and the rev limiter kicks in a little sooner and when I questioned the dealer about this he informed me that the computer anticipates the rate of climb and starts a little sooner. Now I have to be a little more vigilant when I'm twisting the loud handle. In stock form you have an eternity between shifts in the first three gears, free up the motor and you have to pay a little more attention.
                      At best, I'm doubious about your dealer's statement. The system isn't designed with any intelligence in RPM climb rates, but does have some dampening on the tach needle (to keep the travel of the needle smooth) which means it may not be accurate reflecting the current RPM situation if it's changing rapidly. Thus, I'm inclined to believe that you are hitting the cut-out before the needle on the tach actually has caught up with the changing RPM level.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                        bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-
                        Isn't that what a Harley sounds like?

Comment

once i hate 11.5 maybe 11.6 ..u can definately feel the noticeable cut off and if ur not paying attention it can be a heart stopper.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Originally posted by Leadsled
                            At best, I'm doubious about your dealer's statement. The system isn't designed with any intelligence in RPM climb rates, but does have some dampening on the tach needle (to keep the travel of the needle smooth) which means it may not be accurate reflecting the current RPM situation if it's changing rapidly. Thus, I'm inclined to believe that you are hitting the cut-out before the needle on the tach actually has caught up with the changing RPM level.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            After Christmas, I will call up the Suzuki dealership and see if the CDI unit is the same for 600 and 750. If they are different stock numbers, they could have different red lines.

Comment

Originally posted by jhugh
                              Originally posted by Range
                              bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-bupita-
                              Isn't that what a Harley sounds like?
                              No, a harley sounds like this. bupita-bupita-bupita-cough-cough-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------bupita-bupita-bupita-cough-cough-------------------------skreech-cough-spit-bupita-bupita-cough-cough-------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X