X

Is there a cooling fan stock on a 600 katana 2001

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a cooling fan stock on a 600 katana 2001

Purchased my first bike and slowly learning the ins and outs of bike repair. Bike has been overheating for many reasons among them 2 crushed header pipes and dented radiator. While researching repairs I keep hearing about an automated cooling fan that is supposed to kick in at a certain temp, i will be reading the owners Manuel I downloaded but am looking for an easy answer and things to look for. Your time is appreciated thank you.

Cali models do have a fan, it cools the carbs, if you have one, the intake is on the left side main fairing. Most disconnect them. It tends to kill the battery. Those two issues you mentioned will cause overheating.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If your bike is overheating, a little fan isn't going to help much. Fix the problem, that'll do it. As far as the original question, no Katana from 88-06 has a cooling fan. The cali models have a fan that blows on the float bowls, but it's an emissions thing. It has nothing to do with cooling the temperature of the engine.

Comment

Working...
      X