What's a good carb sync tool to use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good carb sync tool to use?

Hey folks,

It's been a while since I've posted in the forums here. I've been busy. Anyway, I've been working on my bike and my friend's, and he wants to pick up a carb sync tool. A good one. We're both looking at the vacuum gauge tool, in particular this one:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Carburetor-Synchronizer-Carb-Gauge/dp/B004MSE9JO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1405562953&sr=8-4&keywords=carburetor+synchronizer"]Amazon.com: Vacuum Carburetor Synchronizer Carb Sync Gauge Cb Kz Gs Xs 550 650 750: Automotive[/ame]

Now, you folks know I've got a katana, so obviously I need a four gauge tool. HE's got a Yamaha Vstar twin. My question is in terms of accuracy, just how accurate do we need this to be, and since we have two bikes to sync, which kits come with adapters for the different sizes, and can I plug a 5mm tube onto a 6mm tube (eg. seems like it's just a tight fit, not that big a deal.) I'm personally not too fussy about this, but given we need to get the tool this weekend, I'd like for him to get over the nit picky parts. Also, I carb synced his bike 3 years ago using the two bottle manometer method, and it's worked out fine, probably not the most accurate, but I'd also like to know what your experience has been with the home made vs. purchased tool method, and how off you were.

Hey Arsenic, if you're still around, I was the guy who bought your carbs a few years ago (I'm the guy from Jersey) . What are your thoughts?

This is much better http://m.ebay.com/itm/380948028723?nav=SEARCH
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

What's the flaw with the vacuum gauges? I'm doing my research, and it seems because of the gauge nature, they're hard to get an accurate reading, which requires restrictors? That's why the motion pro is better?

Comment

Just that, no gauge issues. You don't need gauges. You just have to get the carbs balanced with each other. Motion pro is what I use, after fumbling with gauges. Real easy to use.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1 with 92xJunker that's what I got motion pro sync pro and its pretty easy and accurate

Comment

Working...
          X