X

CLUTCH HELP QUICK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLUTCH HELP QUICK

ok so i took off the black cover on my 89 750 ...now there is no resistance on the clutch lever and when i squeez the clutch lever it just flops there ..do i need to do something ..and there is a lil metal shaft sticking out where the cover should go and it looks like it connects to where the lever and cable meet but it doesnt do anything help i leave on the 28th and i need this fixed asap

thanks

Duff go to www.bikebandit.com pull up the microfische for that area. It should give you enough of a view to see what you need to do. I am at work so I can put my hands on my manual right now.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

There's the shaft that goes into the engine , it's this long , thin metal piece . That'd do it . There's also the clutch lifter mechanism that if not put back in right willl cause problems . When you squeeze the lever , the lifter thing kinda pivots and pushes out , and that's what pushes the little rod in and pushes on the clutch . Just mess with it a while and you should be able to see how it's supposed to work and put it back together accordingly . I did the same thing last summer , you'll figure it out .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

ok well i have everything there, i just need to fine out whats wrong with the clutch so i know what i need to do to fix it ...anyone ? like i tried putting tention on the cable but that doesnt work its the same result so i donno

Comment

Did you adjust the clutch ? I'd do that after making sure the other parts are in there right . Turn the little slotted screw on the outside of the sprocket cover in until you feel tension . then back it out a 1/4 turn (I think that's how it works) . Then adjust your slack at the end of the sprocket cover end of the cable , then the lever end is for smaller adjustments if needed . You need to be sure you got the lifter mechanism in ther right though first thing . That's really confusing if you've taken that thing apart . Wish I could see what it was that was giving you problems , kinda hard guessing .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

okay, here is your problem. I believe you removed the cover that holds the clutch worm gear. That is what the clutch lever attaches too. The clutch worm gear is what disengages the clutch. without it properly functioning the clutch is nonexistant. Special-K is really the on to answer this question, but from what I gather the worm gear is your problem. the Bikebandit pic won't help but Special K sent me a great pic when I needed help with this problem. If I knew how to use a computer better I'd send it to you, but I biuld bikes I don't transfer files. All I can tell you is it sounds like the clutch worm gear is not re-installed properly. That should give you a start.
            Hope that helps.

Comment

thanksguys im gonna try to adjust that cable as much as i can but i dont think its that worm gear ..i never too it apart that much toget there ...ill let ya know how it goes ..thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X