X

Help to get my kat running again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to get my kat running again!

my 98 kat 600 got knocked over while it was parked on the street about a year ago... it didn't start, and i got mad lazy and just let it sit in my drive way for about a year. It got rained on with no cover. Is it still possible for me to get it to run again,if so what would i have to do... or is it just a hunk of metal now due to my stupidity..

start with a new battery and air filter new plugs and claen the carbs and it should fire up

Comment

Depends where you live . Within $300 miles of me ... it's a hunk of worthless scrapmetal . I'll help you out though and take it off your hands for $100 .
      But if you're farther than that ..... do what Sin says . He knows that of which he speaks , or something .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Oil change.
        Drain the fuel out of the tank
        Drain the carbs and clean them out.
        Remove the plugs, put a tablespoon of oil into each spark plug hole.
        Turn the engine over a dozen times by hand (using the timing signal generator in neutral, or the rear wheel in 1st gear)
        Put in the new plugs.
        Stick in a new battery.
        Fresh fuel, probably better to simply run a fuel hose to a spare gas can set higher than the bike at this point (esp. if there's rust in the tank).
        Fire her up...

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks.. those responses rule!

Comment

Strap some bottle rockets on it and coast it down the street.

Sorry, that wasn't helpful at all. but go with all that stuff that 1 guy said.
            Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

Working...
            X