X

What brand needle is this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand needle is this?

Can anyone identify this needle? I have one broken and wanted to match it instead of replacing them all. It's from a 1989 Kat 750, BST36's. There are seven clip positions and a slight in and out taper toward the top, then a step at the point to a gentle taper at the end.
    Attached Files

A pre 750 DJ needle looks nothing like that, nor does a FP needle. A stock needle doesn't have adjustable e-clip positions. I see odd ball needles that look just like that all the time, with that step taper at the point. I have no idea what they are, but I do know that I don't know. I see them more on GSXR 750 BST36's than GSXF ones, but since GSXR 36mm carbs use the same DJ and FP needles as GSXF 36mm carbs, that really doesn't help.
    Last edited by arsenic; 03-25-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Looks very much like the ones I've just pulled out of some supposedly GSXR750 "Slingshot" carbs only mine have 5 grooves. The jets were correct for the 750 though...

Colin.
      Carpe Jugulum...
      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Every time I've seen them, they appear to have DJ main jets, but they aren't DJ needles for GSXF 750 or GSXR 750 BST36SS carbs.

Comment

Ahhh you guys were so close... DJ..no.. without holding it myself I'm 99% sure it's an old no longer produced JD (James Dean) If you look real close right below the clip position nearest to the tip... roll it you should see like a little box outline.

IIRC they don't even make street bike parts anymore.... I think everything they make now is off-road only. Have you been inside the carbs?? How was bike before needle broke??

Also when Kats were still being sold new there were Chinese knock off jet kits being imported and even some douche mechanics were installing them and charging quality product prices.

The JD's and Knock offs looked identical except for the little box...

The copies were being purchased for about $8-$10 shipped... So for the price of 1 genuine jet kit a con shop had 10 kits... Bought a jet kit at a flea market in the mid- late 90's and it's probably a knock off.
          You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

Working...
          X