Fuel Cock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Cock

Hello Everyone,

I had a leak on the outer o-ring gasket on my 91 Kat 750 a few weeks back... anyway, replaced the gasket but when I looked inside the pet cock, there looked like a thread of brass in there-- didn't look right. I put it back together anyway, the leak stopped but now it won't start. Battery is fine. It seems it is not getting fuel. I pulled the fuel lines off and fuel does not flow out. Question: is it vacuum operated or should it free flow?
    Did I put it back together wrong?

That's what I thought... it isn't. Think I need a new fuel cock? or can it be rebuilt? or did I put something back together wrong? Didn't seem like there was anyway to screw it up.

Comment

I had just enough time to ride around the block I think. Cranked it a time or two afterward and let it idle.

Comment

If you suck on the vacuum line (when in Prime or Reserve) you should be able to open the valve and gravity will do the rest. Just make sure you're sucking on the vacuum line. If you're not getting any fuel out the petcock when in Prime you've probably put it back together wrong.
        If you take it apart again, take photos of the gaskets so we can see what condition they're in.

Comment

Originally posted by mash5 View Post
          Hello Everyone,
          there looked like a thread of brass in there-- didn't look right.
          This is probably the spring that operates the prime circuit, it does not look right even if it is...
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I sucked on the vacuum and fuel did come out, but not flowing, basically just a squirt at a time. Can't try to see if it got fuel to the carbs because now all it does is 'click'!!!

Comment

Working...
            X