X

looking for a turbo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a turbo

hey I'm looking for a turbo charger, I've heard that a dodge daytona turbo is the best way to go. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. I've got the money just tell where to get one, E-bay dosen't have anything.
    Thanks

Contact a turbo specialty company. Tell them your full details. They'll find or mod the right thing for you.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

any certain company you'd recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
        any certain company you'd recommend?
        I know of one within a few miles of me, but you'd be best served by finding one in your general area for a request like this. Ask around the ricer crowds, or call any mom-n-pop audi/volvo shop and ask who they use for replacement turbos and custom set-ups.

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

-Steve

Comment

I got mine out of a salvage yard.. or Mr. Turbo is a good place as well.

There is this VW place not to far from my house, a buddy was telling me they have a whole table full of them for sell.. I am going on Monday to have a look and pick up a smaller one for my 600..

The Daytona turms are good.. but a little big for the Katana.. I have heard that the ones that come off a Mazada are smaller and spull up real quick..

E-bay is another good place to pick them up.. check back often..

What are you wanting to put it on?
            misery loves company...

Comment

Maybe hunt for older Subaru or Geo, Isuzu, etc. turbos in the wrecking yard (The smaller the better for your bike's small engine or you might get some serious lag!). You'll probably find a RayJay or KKK turbo on one of these cars. I've seen many articles in magazines like Streetfighters where they've done this and fabbed their own intake manifolds for a single carb blow-through design. For that kinda trouble, I'd just buy a bike that's faster in the first place though ('cause I'm lazy)!
              '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

How cool is it to say " I have a Turbo Katana 600" That in itself is worth it, to me.. It is usual and unique.. I have never seen a turbo Katana..
                misery loves company...

Comment

They are out there but I think they are 750's. There is someone on here that has or had one.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                  X