Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling problem

I have 00 kat 750 f and been riding it a month now
    All the sudden it feels weird coming out of turns right or left
    Like it over correcting or back tire is kinda kicking out it hard to explain
    Had a friend ride it and he noticed it to so it not me but he thought it was front tire problem any ideas?

I would check the rear wheel bearings, I noticed this with mine just before the bearings went out, which is not what you want to happen.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I second check the bearings. Also check the alignment front to back with straight boards and check to make sure the hash marks on the rear axle are equal on both sides of the swingarm. I had one side that came loose and move forward with the torque of the chain. It felt like I was turning everytime I gave it throttle.
      sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Originally posted by grslightn View Post
        check to make sure the hash marks on the rear axle are equal on both sides of the swingarm.
        That's not an indication that the sprockets / wheels are in fact aligned. I know the manual states this method, but it's a guide at best. Best bet is to ignore the marks and just align the chain on the sprockets (or wheels with straight guides) ensuring you maintain the correct tension / free-play.

Comment

Trput is right. The stampings can be inaccurate, they all are different.

Do check the bearings, you don't want to have to get them welded out.

However, the first thing I would ask is - what is your cold tyre pressure? Low PSI will cause exactly that handling. Maybe you just need to pump them up

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all help I checked bearings and there good
            No noise or play in them
            It needed a chain so I put a sprocket and chain kit and adjusted it up
            Good and straight I feel stupid for not thinking of the tire pressure cold pressure is 32 psi I think that's good according to the tire it self

Comment

Originally posted by 00kat750f View Post
              Thanks for all help I checked bearings and there good
              No noise or play in them
              It needed a chain so I put a sprocket and chain kit and adjusted it up
              Good and straight I feel stupid for not thinking of the tire pressure cold pressure is 32 psi I think that's good according to the tire it self
              32PSI might be a bit low depending on the actual tyre and your weight. Mid to high 30s is generally the go. I run 36 at the front and 38 at the rear, but bump the rear up to 40 when I'm fully loaded.

Comment

Working...
              X