X

Pre 600 Mikuni float bowls for sale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 600 Mikuni float bowls for sale?

Hi, the metal lower part of the carbs on my 92 kat (float bowls) have cracks in them where the bleed screw threads in. I have not been able to find the replacement bowls online and was wondering if anyone had some for sale or knew where I could get some?

The float bowls are for a Mikuni BST33SS carb off a 92 kat 600 thanks!

all 4?

Comment

I have a set of pre 600 carbs dont really want to tear en apart n sell pieces unless the money is right lol

Comment

Don't worry - someone will be along in a few minutes to say JB weld or epoxy will work just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
          Don't worry - someone will be along in a few minutes to say JB weld or epoxy will work just fine
          And that someone should be punched in the throat.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            And that someone should be punched in the throat.
            Before or after being intimately violated by a lawnmower?

Comment

yea I need all 4, and I really dont want to buy a whole rack of carbs when I only need one piece from each..... trying to save some money, if I cant find any float bowls to buy ill try some JB weld

Comment

If you want to avoid a horrible nasty mess don't bother with JB weld on your bowls! Seriously bad idea!

How badly are they cracked? Pics would help. You are dealing with a critical area here, don't take short cuts! You don't want to start dribbling fuel onto a hot engine!

Comment

Originally posted by jimallen2009 View Post
                  yea I need all 4, and I really dont want to buy a whole rack of carbs when I only need one piece from each..... trying to save some money, if I cant find any float bowls to buy ill try some JB weld
                  Most everyone will say jb weld is awesome and your best friend for repairs. And I've even seen a guy jb weld a float bowl post back on (old intruder). I don't recommend it. I stand by my feelings that JB weld shouldn't be used in or near fuel or oil. The risk of some of that stuff falling off and gumming something important is too risky.

Just my opinion and thoughts.

but:
                  BST 33 Carb GSX600
                  or
                  BST 33 Carb 88-97

simple google search w/ebay
                  Last edited by Frozt; 08-22-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

They make a compound just for aluminum that is fuel resistant however like everyone else said u run the risk of it breaking off and really doing some damage..mite be a temp fix but id deff look into new bowls or a new rack of carbs

Comment

does anyone know where I could get some replacement bowls? every site I go to that has schematics the float bowl isnt listed as a part to be purchased. I dont know what to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X