No announcement yet.
X

Strange Idling Behavior, Advice Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirm how many slots on the needles and that will help identify what they are. If they're FP needles, you're on a good thing. In what position / slot is the clip?

Comment

is it about 6 or is it 6? 6 is dynojet, 5 is factory pro.

Comment

Supposing it's Dynojet, there's six places where it can sit, currently it's set at position 4 (3 slots open below, 2 above; third from the top is taken by the spline).

ANNND I forgot to take a picture.

EDIT: So I've done a fair amount of research and have found the jets are infact correctly installed. i've filled the bowls by putting the tank on PRI and then removed it and have fit an auxillary fuel system.

Starter cranks, and for moment I had a single combustion and since have had no luck in starting it. I'm going to dismount readjust the A/F scress.

EDIT: Managed to get it to crank after readjusting the A/F screws. It has trouble staying alive at stock idle even when warm. and when I rev it really high it sends out a black smoke, and from time to time will after-fire. This leads me to believe it's running lean, but once again this leaves me at an impasse. Dynojet calls for 2.5 turns out, and they're properly set; previously my bike ran well once warm, but had an issue where the plugs were wet fouled due to too much fuel being sent to the combustion chamber (A/F mixture when I pulled the carbs for the first time were around the 4th turn, on average, we can just generally say the carbs were fucked with.)

Now I understand a poor or under-performing or otherwise beat air filter can compound to the fouling of plugs, and plan to fit a replacement which I'm ordering after I post this, with any luck this will soothe the problem.

I wasn't able to get a response upon the (fairly) even idle when testing for vacuum leaks.
        Does anyone think this seems reasonable, and that I could find an even point?
        Also, can I do a carb sync while the idle is set high? Or should I try to find the equilibrium *before* I do a proper sync?
        Last edited by Purplehaze; 08-24-2013, 02:28 AM. Reason: Update on progress.
        - Purplehaze
        All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Bump - Hit me with your thoughts on the matter gents.
          - Purplehaze
          All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Working...
          X