Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Looking for the right side clutch and crank cover gaskets.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the right side clutch and crank cover gaskets.

Hello,
    I was looking for the right side engine cover gasket or possibly called the crank cover gasket on the right side as well as the clutch cover gasket on the same side. I have found the clutch cover on ebay but no luck with the engine/crank cover gasket and was hoping to order from one vender. Thanks

Bike Bandit or Ron Ayers is the first two to come to my mind if your not ebay determined

I've dealt with bikebandit, not bad other than waiting on shipping if you don't fork out extra for faster delivery
    Last edited by DocCannabis; 07-14-2013, 02:24 PM.
    92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply but I have searched both of them and it appears they both don't have it..... is there any way oil will leak out of the crank cover? Because now that I am looking in my clymer's manual it seems that on the right side where the crank would be the starter is actually behind it. I ask because I am trying to take care of an oil leak problem. Also if you or any one knows what would make gas appear in my oil?

Comment

Why don't you just make your own paper gaskets? They won't be as purdy as the ones you get from Suzuki but they'll be just as effective.
        Get some gasket material from your friendly auto parts supply outlet and use the engine covers to draw out your template.
        Just a thought..

Comment

Gas in your oil is a carb problem. I think it's from float height being off or your float needles being jacked up, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Someone else more knowledgable should come along soon that can confirm/deny/point you in the appropriate direction.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by jetta90 View Post
            Why don't you just make your own paper gaskets? They won't be as purdy as the ones you get from Suzuki but they'll be just as effective.
            Get some gasket material from your friendly auto parts supply outlet and use the engine covers to draw out your template.
            Just a thought..
            Wow never even knew that stuff existed sounds like fun stuff to work with will def give it a try thanks.

Comment

Do you mean the sig gen cover gasket? If so BB part # is 1038663 and costs next to nothing.

Clutch cover gasket is 1038397 and costs a few bucks more. Assuming you have a pre 98 600.

Year and cc would help.
              Last edited by scottynoface; 07-14-2013, 09:24 PM.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
              X