X

Bench Sync question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Sync question

So I've read the Carb 101. But I'm having an issue with the buterflies. I will see if I can get a pic tonight, cause Im'm at work right now.

The issue I'm having is that when I loosen all the screws to get to a standard setting to adjust the carbs for synching the butterfly on #3 carb doesn't close all the way. It suppose to cover all the holes, 3 of them as I read. Well mine stops before it even covers the hole on the outside on #3. The idle adjuster isn't even touching the butterfly.

So my question is what may be causing that? I just started to work on this bike. 91 kat 600
    Last edited by Biggins240SX; 07-12-2013, 05:01 PM.

Are the balance screws really outta whack between 3 & 4?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Are the balance screws really outta whack between 3 & 4?
      I left them alone at first but then loosened the screws to see if it would make a difference. But it just doesn't close all the way. I have yet to take the carbs completely apart. but I may make that my project to pull everything apart and clean them, then put all back together to see if I can find the hang

Comment

Fixed it

Not sure exactly what I did but i just loosened it all back up and everything syched perfectly for off bike. Now to go get my battery charged up. Couldn't start it with it dead.

Comment

Working...
        X