No announcement yet.
X

GSX 600, dropped now leaks from carbs..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX 600, dropped now leaks from carbs..

hi there,

Unfortunately myself and bike had a little tumble on the yard after trying to dissmount on the right rather than left.... I have our little dof to thanks for that..... she wouldnt shift!! after a slow and calm decent to the floor, sweating and swearing all the way down we both lay on the floor together.. dog frantically tring to lick my visor clean!

The aftermath of this is that now my carbs are slightly leakingfrom what it looks like is the throttle circlip and also the rubber carb mounts?? enough to empty a FULL tank in 4 days... £30 of fuel!!!!!!! if my tank stop tap worked I would probably have never noticed this!!

Right.. any idea what I've done?? some people say its the needles that have slipped?!?! but not knowing bike mechanics I have no idea what that means or how to fix, if that is the issue?

I've just run a hard course of fuel cleaner through as carbs were a little dirty, she was running fine until this little incident.

any help or advice would be appreciated, she's a 1990 600f with 75k on the clock (miles not KM) still puls like a train and have been so very close to the top book speed so plenty of life left in her if I can just get this sorted!

Cheers

Is your bike naked or faired? If its naked and you dropped it, I have a feeling it might be your petcock that was smashed on the way down. If its not, then I'd inspect the carbs and fuel hoses aswell as your tank. Have fun fixing your Kat haha.

Comment

Shes Fully Dressed Matey, Looks Like Its Coming From the bottom Of The Carb (Top Of The Fuel Reservior)The Running Off Into The Inlet Manifold. Was Suggested Float Needle Could Have Fallen Out???? Is That Possible?

Comment

Leaked a TON of fuel , eh ? Only if the petcock wasn't stopping it .... You leave it on Prime ?
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

No, but as you mentioned it I've checked and the dam tap is knackered... looks like I need to start there.. thanks for that, its an abvious thing I should have checked and as real school boy error!!

Comment

It's far more likely that one or more of your floats are stuck. (You know already that your petcock is messed up.) Rebuild your petcock definitely but that's only one of two problems. While you've got the tank off for the petcock, remove the carbs from the bike, flip them over and remove the bowls. You'll see the floats and needles. If any of the needles aren't in place (unlikely) or a float isn't moving freely then you've found the problem.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X