Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Lucas upper cylinder lubricant - anyone tried it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas upper cylinder lubricant - anyone tried it?

I bought this bottle of Lucas upper cylinder lubricant with injector cleaner for use in my dirt bike back when it was acting up. Wondering if anyone tried this on their Kat. I'm due for an oil change and since some recommend adding fuel additives on the last tank full, I wonder if this would be a good candidate.
    The bottle shows very little info and doesn't mention how much to add.

It basically says that fouled injectors can cause loss of fuel economy, power, etc. It also goes on to say that carbon in the combustion chamber can cause pre-ignition, etc and that this lubricates the pumps, carburetors, injectors and compression rings. I wonder if this is something that would be beneficial? Any comments by those that have tried it?

No , doesn't sound like it'd be all that great . You don't have injectors , and I can't think of any pumps that would NEED any extra lubrication . But for removing carbon in the comustion chamber and deposits in your carbs , one of the better things you can use is Techron . But if the carbs are TOO dirty , they'll just have to be taken apart and cleaned , no additive will do it that I'VE heard of . Or do it old-school and spay a soloution of either water/anitifreeze or water/dishsoap into each individual intake while running the bike and revving it a bit . Supposed THAT will clean the crap out of the chambers . At least , that's what they used to do "back in the day" . :
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'll run Lucas in my diesel injected engines but have not had any real improvement with it in my gasoline engines. Gasoline has very low lubricity anyways.

If you're concerned about carbon buildup in the cylinders or varnish deposits in the carbs, try SeaFoam. I've used it in gasoline engines from pickup trucks to lawn mowers. In carbuerated engines, run the engine until it is warm and flood the engine with SeaFoam, preferably through the fuel system to get the jets and passages in the carbs, until the engine dies. Let it sit for 15 minutes then start it back up. It will smoke like the devil but that is all of the crud that was dissolved burning off. I have always noticed a difference.
      2001 Suzuki Katana 600 ... Bone Stock

Comment

How do you flood the engine ? Just dump the whole bottle in 1/23 a tank of gas ?
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X