X

D&D Exhuast question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D Exhuast question

alright, i'm looking to buy a d&d show and go slip on. my question is will that product fit into my headers or will i have to cut my old can off and "slip" it on to my existing midpipe? if anybody knows, please inform me. thanks
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

The D&D is a direct bolt on, no cutting needed. If you look at your stock pipe, where it comes out of the belly pan, there is a bolt to loosen. If you lossen that, the pipe will come off. It may take some tugging to get it off. To help loosen it, you may want to run the engine for a few minutes. The heat will help the metal to expand, thus making it easier to pull apart... in theory. I had to have my roomate hold onto the brake, and then I had to "Tap" the old exhaust a bit with a hammer and screw-driver to get it loose enough. Mine had a little bit of rust though. Then it is just a matter of putting everything back together.

For pics of what it looks like, check out mine at....

It under the album 7-18-04
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

thanks bro. by the way, how do you like that? work well for ya?

Comment

I have a full D&D Show and Go system. It's loud and I love it.

Comment

Yeah D&D thats the way to do it.
          I have a 03 600 and got the same thing the show and go slip on from the pee holes in texas, took like 8 or 9 days ups to cali, all you get is the canister and the mid pipe I did it myself in about 15min. It is super easy a little twist to get it off, but get ready it's loud as hell, around 6 or 7 thousand you cant hear yourself sayin,"damn that $#!% is loud" have fun with it
          2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
          vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
          JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

Honestly....

I love mine!

I don't know how the hell I rode so long without one. For me, that was one of the best things I could have done with the bike. I love being able to hear it roar. I am sure the people behind me don't love it much, buy hey, such is life.

I have just the slip-on, therefore no need to re-jet.

If you like to be noticed, and like something that sounds like a beast on steriods, then the D&D is your ticket.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

thanks for the opinions, i'll be getting one here in a couple weeks, i just need my christmas bonus from the boss and then i'll get it. thanks for the help guys and i'll be telling you all how i like it after its on

Comment

Working...
              X