Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Tell me if this makes any sense regarding CARBS.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me if this makes any sense regarding CARBS.

So I need to order a new pilot jet for my carbs that are off of a 1988 600. The jet is a 32.5. It is stamped with that number on it. I call up ronayers.com since their website is not clear which one is which. So after telling them the bike it is for they tell me I need a 40. In my service book and online it says I need a 32.5 and Cali models need a 37. I called Bikebandit.com and they said the samething. What gives? I ended up order 4 40's just incase I need them. Not really sure what the right answer is. I ordered new main jets since they were a different size too.

Any insight?

Thanks,
    Patrick

Why do you need to order new jets?
    I don't think anyone made a carb kit for the 88's.... so probalby not that.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

the carbs were in rough shape and one of the pilot jets needed to be drilled out.

Comment

I think your guy at Ron Ayers is misinformed. And I think your bike will run REALLY rich on those 40s. I had two of my pilots strip out trying to remove them, got them out with a left handed drill bit. My dealer had problems when I asked for pilots with zero holes. But I got them to order them, they are the N151 style. Genuine Mikuni jets, I got four for about $18.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!!

Current rides
        1993 Suzuki Katana 600
        1981 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Comment

I can tell you 100%, that makes zero sense. I can guarantee the guys in the call center at bikebandit or ronayers know less than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by dgxser View Post
            I think your guy at Ron Ayers is misinformed. And I think your bike will run REALLY rich on those 40s. I had two of my pilots strip out trying to remove them, got them out with a left handed drill bit. My dealer had problems when I asked for pilots with zero holes. But I got them to order them, they are the N151 style. Genuine Mikuni jets, I got four for about $18.
            Yeah . Make sure you get the right TYPE , as well as size . Took me a few years to figger out why MINE was always fouling out one plug . I just popped in the jet the shop gave me .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X