X

BIKE ALARMS....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIKE ALARMS....

Does anyone have an alarm? Do they work? Has anyone's bike been saved with them or are they just a loud way of letting you know that your bike is gone?
    sigpic

Just like any other devise, they only slow a thief down. I prefer the rotor locks front and rear. An alarm will make your neighbors mad. If a thief wants it bad enough he/she will get it.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Rabid weasles chained to your bike or the immediate vicinity . Works every time !
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have a Gorilla Alarm on my '03 Kat it works great easy to install It does what I need it to do ....

Comment

Re: BIKE ALARMS....

Originally posted by tdrcomm
          Does anyone have an alarm? Do they work? Has anyone's bike been saved with them or are they just a loud way of letting you know that your bike is gone?
          Depends on two basic factors:

(A) How far the bike is from any receiver if it comes with a remote that will warn you -- and how far that receiver is from you. If you're parking more than a hundred feet away, or tend to drop your keys in a bowl by the door and then wander off to the other end of the house, either the signal is not getting through or you're not going to hear it anyway.

(B) Whether you can hear an audible alarm, and whether anyone else who might hear it would care one-way or another. In a tight-knit community, people might pay attention, but in a typical deed-restricted neighborhood with fences, no one will pay attention (ditto at the mall).

Alarms stop people who would be stopped by alarms (those who commit crimes of opportunity), but not the typical professional bike theif. Attaching the bike to a sturdy motorcycle anchor will stop far more attempts because of the extra effort involved.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I run a Gorilla alarm on my Katana, but only the Katana. Since they are all Krypto cabled together, they gotta move one to get to another, so it will go off and wake me up, but I figure the cables will put em off long enough to deter them.
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
            X