X

02 Katana 600 please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Katana 600 please help

I started my bike today and it would not stay running with petcock in the on position. the rpms would start slowly falling till she cut off. This is my second season with this bike till now it's been running great. I took it for a spin there was a studer at 3500 rpms. I switched it to the prime position and she ran great it also ran fine in reserve I have problems in the on position only. Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated. Idk maybe my petcock needs to be rebuilt

Sounds like your petcock may be due for a rebuild. Before you go that far though, make sure it is getting adequate vacuum.
    Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. --
    H. L. Mencken

Comment

Most of the parts for a pre 98 petcock rebuild kit work for a 98-06 petcock. I haven't looked in a while, but the last time I did, a 98-06 petcock rebuild kit was not available.

Comment

Thanks for the response. How do I check the vacuum?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          Most of the parts for a pre 98 petcock rebuild kit work for a 98-06 petcock. I haven't looked in a while, but the last time I did, a 98-06 petcock rebuild kit was not available.
          Thanks for the info arsenic, how do I get around that delema? Any advice?

Comment

Fix it

Comment

Update I ordered a new oem petcockoff ebay for 60 bucks and changed it out, and she's back to purring like like a healthy kitten. I wanted to change the inline fuel filter but I couldn't find the part. Anyone know the part number. Can I use a universal filter and if so what size?

Comment

Working...
              X