X

Carbs 102 The video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I re upped the Float Height Video to Youtube in HD

Katirders.com Suzuki Katana Float Height videoLearn how to set your carb float height
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks for all the great info guys...

Comment

Hi Steve, I liked the video but I'm having a bit of trouble with my carbs, specifically a really small o-ring - it's the smallest one sold in the carb rebuild kits. After taking the needle out, I took the jets out and at some point with the jets off, these super small o-rings popped out. Looking at the manual, it looks like it goes between the main jet and the needle jet, but I can't seem to figure out how to put it in without it keeping the needle from moving smoothly. Also, the needle jet, since they fell out.. I'm not sure which way they face - the side that's flat going up, or the side with a little bit of space up toward the needle. I'm wondering if the o-rings belong in that space too? They don't seem to fit.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate some help with this and can post a pic of the o-ring I'm talking about if needed. I did not take the air/fuel mix screws out so they aren't from there.

Comment

It goes on the needle jet holder, between the hex and the carb body. There's an o-ring smaller than that, so pictures would help.

Comment

Sync port? (Diaphragm caps)
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Here's the pic. I'm not sure if the needle jet, the smaller metal piece is supposed to be face up the way it is in the picture or the other way. I thought it looked like the o ring went in there but I can't seem to get it in at all.

Comment

The oring goes on the needle and gets rolled all the way up.

Also there is a smaller oring, the one for the Fuel/Air mix screw.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

So like this with it just sitting on the needle? it has some play in it. And did I have the needle jet, the small shiny piece facing the correct direction?

Comment

I'm not sure off the top of my head how the "small shiny piece" should sit. It should be flush with the wall of the carb body when everything is back together. If you have it flipped it'll stick out.
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Awesome, I have it the right way then. I thought I did but with the confusion I'm having on this oring I wasn't so sure. On page 173 in the manual, it looks like this oring would be #18, and looks like it'd be between the jet and the shiny piece. Sorry for the confused questions, I'm still working on my coffee, you guys are lifesavers though
                      Last edited by xarsin; 07-15-2016, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I don't know what's going on here. It's rather hilarious. That is the 100% incorrect spot for that o-ring.

Comment

What's the correct spot for it? All 4 fell out and I have no idea where they came from and it doesn't seem to fit the way an oring should. I didn't take the A/F mix screw out so it shouldn't be that o-ring either.

I really really really don't want to have to buy a used carb off of ebay over one tiny o-ring...
                          Last edited by xarsin; 07-15-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that tiny oring you are showing is the one for the fuel/air mix screw.
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

The part that I don't get is ( all 4 fell out and I don't know where they go ?)
                              WTF!!! There are only so many places an o-ring goes on a carb. Its a head scratcher alright. just guessing if not the pilot jet o-ring, not the needle & seat oring How about the needle ,clip & washer? Did someone use a rubber o-ring instead of the plastic washer? Stump the chump/

Comment

Carbs video

Know this lies ahead cause CAL bike. great vid,Explanations carried it well. KUDOS
                                Last edited by thinedragon; 08-18-2016, 11:09 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Working...
                                X