Carbs 102 The video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93gsx1100g
    replied
    I enjoyed the video's. My carbs are different but similar. Need some new seals, needle & seats, etc. My #4 carb has a broken copper tube at the choke seat. I pulled the carbs because gas coming from air vent hose between 1&2.

Leave a comment:

• JSMencer
    replied
    How much is an average cost for a shop to clean your carbs?

And How can you tell when it's time to clean your carbs?
    Last edited by JSMencer; 08-24-2013, 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• firefighter313
    replied
    honestly the best carb guide i have ever seen..did a great job with it

Leave a comment:

• cfrewilly
    replied
    Great work guy's I have my pre 750 apart now and looking for all the o-rings locally, this is a great site! I have a ways to go but good fuel and fire with even 120lbs of compression hopefully it will start.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by dgxser View Post
    I have a question on setting float height. I have always set float height with the carbs setting down (upside down) for measuring the height of the floats. Why do you do it with them sideways and not all the way settled on the float needle?

Current rides
    1993 Suzuki Katana 600
    Originally posted by steves View Post
    You can't do it upside down. You are setting the level wrong then.

The needles close when they get to that middle point. In normal operation the flot needle is generally not full inserted into the orafice.
    Vid is for post kats, and steves is right... post kats have to be tilted to get the proper level, when they floats are not compressing the springs on the float needles.

PRE kats are different. They can bet set upside down. The springs in the needles are stronger than the float weight, so they do not compress.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Pa Kat
    replied
    Looks REALLY good Steve. I like the new view.

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    You can't do it upside down. You are setting the level wrong then.

The needles close when they get to that middle point. In normal operation the flot needle is generally not full inserted into the orafice.

Leave a comment:

• dgxser
    replied
    I have a question on setting float height. I have always set float height with the carbs setting down (upside down) for measuring the height of the floats. Why do you do it with them sideways and not all the way settled on the float needle?

Leave a comment:

• Assimve
    replied
    Great job man. I have done around 6 sets so far, and I wish I had these videos when I started. These videos are quite good. I am sure this will be a huge help to anyone getting started with a carb rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    this thing on?

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    All videos now live. Feedback appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    Updated with part 2, putting them back together. (Still processing on Vimeo).

Coming soon part 3, setting float height (now rendering)

*update all videos now uploaded and waiting on Vimeo.
    Last edited by steves; 06-10-2013, 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• edromero
    replied
    this is going to come in really handy for a lot of people. thank you!

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    I'll try something a little different. I'm sort of limited on camera angles because of how my work bench is situated.

Leave a comment:

• rockat
    replied
    I thought Black_Peter's fork disassembly video was pretty good. The camera is centered facing a work bench. He stands behind the bench and just goes to work on the forks. I like the placement of the camera- slightly above bench level pointing slightly down. The layout makes things very easy to see in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X