X

carb cleaning question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb cleaning question

just bought a couple gallons of berryman carb dip now my questions are when soaking the carbs it says to only leave in the dip for 4 hours? I bought plastic jugs to dip each one in will the dip eat through plastic like tupperware? and when taking everything apart before the dip should I remove the choke plunger from the carbs or leave it on?

I've never poured the Berrymans into a different tray. Just leave it in the gallon bucket the chemdip came in and place your items on the plastic dip tray that's included. Forget 4 hours, you need more like 24 hours. Remove the choke plunger. Remove EVERYTHING that comes off.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      I've never poured the Berrymans into a different tray. Just leave it in the gallon bucket the chemdip came in and place your items on the plastic dip tray that's included. Forget 4 hours, you need more like 24 hours. Remove the choke plunger. Remove EVERYTHING that comes off.

thats what I thought to take everything off but I figured I would post about it and was waiting for you to respond lol nd I thought about leaving it in the gallon jug it came in but I cant fit all the carbs into two containers thats why I said about another container to fill up

Comment

No shit, you don't do them all at once.

Comment

lol....lmaokind of like putting a square peg in a round hole..lol

Comment

FYI be careful with the Berrymans if you do plan to transfer it to different containers. It says right on the jug that it will soak into concrete and create an unpleasant smell. I always put some newspaper down before I start working with the stuff, and always wear gloves to keep it off my hands.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
            X