X

Carb Swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Swap

Hey all was looking for another set of carbs and came across a set of post 600 carbs will the fit onto a pre or are there mods you got to make? anyone done this before? how was the outcome?

using 98+ carbs on a pre 98 Katana
    You know what would be even better? Using the correct carburetors.

Comment

Ya I know but got a good price was just wondering

Comment

Good price = carburetors that don't work well. Expect to pay triple your "good price" while you're trying to make them right. Good luck.

Comment

I mean it's that or run what I have which I can but I can't get them right I just wasn't sure if it was a bolt on and go or a lot of mods involve is all

Comment

No, mods are involved, it's not just bolt and go. Nothing with carburetors is bolt and go. Even if you got a rebuilt set from me, you still need to sync them.

Comment

Ya but other than syncing the boots and writhing are the same for the air box and engine side?

Comment

Did you click the link I posted? I suggest you read it.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info guess ill just stick with mine and see if I can get them turned around and working right

Comment

I put pre 98 carbs on my post 98 motor the difference between the 2 is a dumb sensor so if you want new carbs on old motor you will need a post 98 wire harness.like arsnec said just stick to what u got...if you don't know what ur doing this is the wrong place to be messing around in read installing larger engines, and carbs 101 before you touch them

Comment

Originally posted by b_rye600 View Post
                      arsnec
                      Spell my name right. It's not even hard

Comment

Originally posted by b_rye600 View Post
                        I put pre 98 carbs on my post 98 motor the difference between the 2 is a dumb sensor so if you want new carbs on old motor you will need a post 98 wire harness.like arsnec said just stick to what u got...if you don't know what ur doing this is the wrong place to be messing around in read installing larger engines, and carbs 101 before you touch them
                        Ya after reading all the info I agree with him that ill stick with mine just have a severe hesitation in them are 4k to 5k then it takes off wasn't sure if I could bolt on sync then go or if it was in depth got my answer though not to mention one of the carbs has a broken brass tube that we jb welded I dunno of that's causing a vacuum leak or not trying to figure it all out

Comment

Working...
                        X