X

Rubber bumpers under floats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber bumpers under floats

Would it matter if O say there were no rubber bumpers under the floats in my 92 kat? and if it does then where can I O say find any of these? As mine had (1) and the other 3 carbs had none... I also found some weird chunk of brass that looked like the tip of an inkpen in one of the float bowls too...hmmmm:bunny2
    O' Yeah... Break out the Mud Boots this is gonna get deep!!!

They're not "rubber bumpers". They are pilot jet plugs. Yeah it matters. I can tell you what that brass piece you found in the float bowl is too:

Was it not sufficient the last time I answered this exact same question the exact same way?
    Last edited by arsenic; 05-16-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

so where can I get a new "brass Piece" and these rubber plugs at? what might be the adverse affects of not having them and what exactly is the brass piece for?

Comment

You can't get another brass piece, you need another float. As far as the rubber plugs:
        Pilot Jet Plugs
        The adverse effect would be your bike running like dog shit, carbs are one thing you can't half ass. Ok, you can't half ass a lot of things, but carbs are one of them. The brass piece meters fuel for the choke. That is actually a starter jet. When you pull the choke open and engage the choke circuit. That part of the float it where it all begins.
        Last edited by arsenic; 05-17-2013, 01:48 AM.

Comment

OK I will need 2 of the rubber plugs and w/e the bras thing is.... I did locate another rubber plug from an old carb in the shed haha

Comment

Dude, read this very carefully, YOU CAN NOT HALF ASS CARBURETORS. You don't reuse old rubber shit that you found on in your shed. Order 4 new ones. Actually, I've just come to the conclusion that I don't care how well of a job you do. Rock out with your cock out.

Comment

I was just wondering because it ran ok until somehow a needle valve got stuck and let fuel over flow at idle-(all kinds of shit was in the carbs FYI) I did a basic drop the bowl full the float from the carb with the stuck needle valve, remove the crap that was making it stick as well as the red shit all in the bowl and decided to go ahead and clean out all the bowls because they had to of been atleast as bad as this one, upon taking it apart noticed it only had the "rubber plug" in one carb and not the rest and the piece of brass laying in the bowl on the same carb. I just shoved it back together after cleaning that much of it because face it I'm a newb at bike carbs ( I grew up on go karts with Briggs and stratton engines HAHA).. Took it down the road it it had a lot more get up just from that but didn't know if there were any side affects because of it and just what they did. I also noticed that one of the carbs has an odd shaped Jet in it -all have the same size orphus tho.... hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman812 View Post
                I was just wondering because it ran ok
                Sure.... You mean it moved on it's own?

Comment

No Silly, I had to put it in gear and let off the clutch.. DUH!!! LOL

ok, I got it, I will tear the thing back apart and pull the brass piece out of another float and machine a new one. (this will be fun) I went ahead and ordered new rubber plugs and gasket/ o rings for the lower half of the carb and new needle valves too. are you happy now? BWAHAHA LMAO I am so bored right now, I think I may go work on the holding down the bed!
                  Last edited by Superman812; 05-17-2013, 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Superman812 View Post
                    are you happy now?
                    Honestly, I don't give a shit, but you should be happy soon enough when your bike actually works.

Comment

God I love this forum...lol ..Superman 812 let me give you some advice ok
                      good people on here like Arsenic know what their talking about so listen up!
                      I had my carbs apart for a week, cleaned, new parts, jet kit, bench sync..ect
                      bike runs A1. Like Arsenic said , you can't half ass carbs & really anything
                      your doing to your bike. Your yellow & black paint scheme will look good
                      when its finished. hope it runs as well as it looks.

Comment

Working...
                      X