X

Engine differences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine differences

Alright I'm throwing in the towel on this search. I've looked and looked and can't find what the differences are between the pre and post engines. Can someone please help me out? It will help my project immensely.
    Obligatory pic (sorry for the dark image):

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Differences in terms of what...?

600 vs 600? 750 vs 750?

i know they mount the same, and should be interchangeable except for carbs. I'm sure arsenic has something to say about that...
    Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

scroll to second howto, thats to adapt the carbs.. what else? spark plugs changed. um... I don't know anything else haha
    Last edited by xredjokerx; 04-18-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Hahaha sorry I'm a goon. Differences between the 750's

Comment

I have no clue. Sorry! haha but good luck. there are members here who know the bike inside and out and someone should help you soon gluck!

Comment

Thanks for the help. Arsenic's website is pretty useful

Comment

I did the whole how-to using 98+ carbs on a pre 98 several years ago. That's a bad idea honestly. Just use the pre 98 carbs, they are better. The pre and post 750 aren't that different. The pre is a short stroke, like the 88-89 GSXR 750's, and it's black. The 98+ is a long stroke, like the 90-92 GSXR 750's and it's silver.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              I did the whole how-to using 98+ carbs on a pre 98 several years ago. That's a bad idea honestly. Just use the pre 98 carbs, they are better. The pre and post 750 aren't that different. The pre is a short stroke, like the 88-89 GSXR 750's, and it's black. The 98+ is a long stroke, like the 90-92 GSXR 750's and it's silver.
              Nice Arsenic! Any idea what the differences in pistons are? Wiseco offers plus sizes for the pre but not for the post. Any idea why?

Comment

The 98+ cylinder walls are nikasil coated. That is extremely expensive to machine. The long stroke bore is like 70mm, the short stroke bore is 73mm. You can over bore the stock cylinder sleeves 3mm without having to get after market cylinder sleeves. You can get bigger pistons for a long stroke 750, I know that for a fact, because I have them. The bore and stroke on the 98+ 750 is the same as the 90-92 GSXR 750. Like I said though, the 98+ 750 cylinders are nikasil coated, so good luck with that.
                Last edited by arsenic; 04-19-2013, 01:10 AM.

Comment

You're the man Arsenic. Thank you for the info I highly appreciated it.

Comment

Working...
                  X