750f dropping a cylinder....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fireyphoenix1989 View Post
    how would i do that ?
    The most common and economical way would be to borrow a know good one. If you can't borrow one, then buy one used.

Most shops do not have the test equipment to test them off the bike.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Got it running properly again lol not 100% sure what cured it as in frustration i did everything again today.

only things i did different i can think of off the top of my head was clean the spark plugs with a toothbrush and some brake cleaner (recommended by an NGK help person at motorcycle live last year)

And i changed the fuel float height setting to exactly 14 mm instead of 14.6

Comment

dropping a pot ?

Hi, can i ask if your bike stayed cured ? i have pretty much exactly the same faults as your self. dropped number 4. i have stripped and cleaned the carbs 3-4 times, drained and sealed the tank, checked for good spark. i read about the CDI unit, did you ever try another one ?

PLEASE HELP !

Comment

Originally posted by Back in Black View Post
          Hi, can i ask if your bike stayed cured ? i have pretty much exactly the same faults as your self. dropped number 4. i have stripped and cleaned the carbs 3-4 times, drained and sealed the tank, checked for good spark. i read about the CDI unit, did you ever try another one ?

PLEASE HELP !
          This is a 4 year old thread, you need to make your own thread about your problem.
          1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
          V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
          Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

Working...
          X