X

03 Kat with Carb Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 Kat with Carb Problems

hey guys, Have a problem here and want to sort things out so i can order the right parts and get this fixed ...

bike runs fine when choked, starts first try and runs fine cold, quick throttle response, but ...

when warm i pull up to a red light my throttle hangs when coming back down to idle, close throttle take a long time to go back to idle and sometimes doesnt even make it to idle , Ive gotta reach down and play with the idle adjuster to get it to quit hanging and the it runs like sh*t !

if you have any post it would be greatly appreciated its starting to get warm in GA !

You're running lean. Classic symptoms.

Causes for that are:
    Dirty carbs
    Vacuum leak

Considering that your bike probably sat since last fall, I'd go with dirty carbs for 500, Alex.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

...or dump 1/2 a can of Seafoam in a tankfull of fresh gas and see if that takes care of it.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

thanks for the replys guys ill try to do seafoam first then if not ill switch and do the carbs 102 pdf and clean them

thanks

Comment

Don't just "dump 1/2 a can" in there. Read the directions.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Don't just "dump 1/2 a can" in there. Read the directions.
              +1 arsenic

I've actually done this. Didn't really help, and it was a waste of half a can. The way I'm doing it right now, is 1/4 can every other fill up. So, first 1/4 can of sea foam, then fill up. Second take nothing. Third tank, 1/4 can.
              But I'll also come clean as well. My second tank does have something in it called B-12 chemtool. Also at 1/4 can intervals.

When I missed a can of either, my kat ran just like yours. However, I have a clear fuel filter that I can see the black gunk from the tank/fuel that's being stopped from ruining my carbs/motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozt View Post
                +1 arsenic

I've actually done this. Didn't really help, and it was a waste of half a can. The way I'm doing it right now, is 1/4 can every other fill up. So, first 1/4 can of sea foam, then fill up. Second take nothing. Third tank, 1/4 can.
                But I'll also come clean as well. My second tank does have something in it called B-12 chemtool. Also at 1/4 can intervals.

When I missed a can of either, my kat ran just like yours. However, I have a clear fuel filter that I can see the black gunk from the tank/fuel that's being stopped from ruining my carbs/motor.

That gunk is your tank rust.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                X