X

vacuum leak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacuum leak?

My "98" 750f started having a slight miss whena accellerting until reaching higher revs. or, when criusing at a constant speed. I changed the plugs,but they looked good. I changed the air filter,which was horribly clogged...like the PO never changed it. I noticed a screw that holds the fuse/tank bracket missing on one side of the air box. could that be enough to cause this problem. When it starts to miss, I up shift and it appears to run normally... I don't think I want to take the carbs apart,but, if need be ,will take it to the shop if I cannot tackle the issue myself.
    Last edited by bronzedone; 11-17-2012, 12:11 AM. Reason: misspell
    "98" 750f

Originally posted by bronzedone View Post
    My "98" 750f started having a slight miss whena accellerting until reaching higher revs. or, when criusing at a constant speed. I changed the plugs,but they looked good. I changed the air filter,which was horribly clogged...like the PO never changed it. I noticed a screw that holds the fuse/tank bracket missing on one side of the air box. could that be enough to cause this problem. When it starts to miss, I up shift and it appears to run normally... I don't think I want to take the carbs apart,but, if need be ,will take it to the shop if I cannot tackle the issue myself.
    No hole at that missing screw point to cause an air leak there.

You can test for air leaks with use of spray "engine starter" fluid. You spray a spot with a very directed blast (use the straw) and wait a moment while the bike is at idle. If the rpms change, you have a vacuum leak at that point.

Check every spot that rubber meets metal or hard plastic.

I'm gonna suggest that you might need to clean the carbs, but it is possible there is more than 1 issue and combined they finally started to make symptoms you noticed.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks ... will check it while the weather is bad this weekend for riding,since I am able to do it inside.
      "98" 750f

Comment

Working...
      X