X

98+ torque specs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ torque specs

i rember seeing a chart with torque specs. can't find it.
    anybody know off hand
    front axle bolt
    rear axle bolt
    main sproket bolts

thanks guys

main engien front sprocket 73-94ft lbs lil bolt in the center 6-9 ftlbs

front axle 26-38 ftlbs
    pinch bilts 11-18 ftlbs
    rear axle 36-58ftlbs

Comment

I think the list you're looking for is on my site, originally one of Trinc's files:

EDIT: THESE ARE 98+ TORQUE SPECS

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks again guys

Comment

What year bike?? Because in the repair manual I have it says the rear is axle is to be torqued between 61-83lbs...big gap but I double checked it...anyways I have a 1989 600 Kat...can anyone verify this or am I reading stuff wrong again....wouldn't surprise me...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
            What year bike?? Because in the repair manual I have it says the rear is axle is to be torqued between 61-83lbs...big gap but I double checked it...anyways I have a 1989 600 Kat...can anyone verify this or am I reading stuff wrong again....wouldn't surprise me...
            Those were 98+ Torque specs. I just edited the entry to reflect that fact.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Is there any difference in the torque spec for the 04+ front axle that doesn't have a nut but a 12mm hex bolt? Or is it the same as what's listed for the 98+ front axle nut?
              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

The Bandit's rear axle torque spec is 61-83lbs too. I'm suspicious the 47 ft/lb...
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

there are torque spec with the cotter and a torque spec without the cotter, too different specs.
                  88-97 Katana 600
                  with cotter - 36-58
                  without - 40-63
                  same for the 750
                  there isn't a torque spec on the bolts, there is on the NUT.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    there isn't a torque spec on the bolts, there is on the NUT.
                    The 04 front axle doesn't have a nut. One end of the axle has a 12mm hex socket and the other end is threaded and screws directly into the left fork. There is no nut. I was asking whether the torque spec for that is different from the nut torque for 98-03.

Arsenic, from your reply it seems like they may be different. Can anyone with a 04+ service manual chime in ?
                    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

I know that, there isn't a manual for the 03-06 yet, they usually come out 5 years after production, there's a factory manual, but I don't have it. That front axle set up showed up in 03, not 04.

Comment

Ok, thanks Chris. So anyone know the torque spec for the 03+ front axle?
                        - Albert Einstein

Comment

The post-98 models get addendum's added to the back of the 98 manual -- and page 14-15 for the 04 750 manual addendum says (values identical for the 04-06 Kat 600 & 750's):

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the info CP. Couldn't find this on KR or on motorcycleanchor.com when I checked yesterday.

44 ft-lb is right about where the axle began to feel snug yesterday. I backed off due to the 32 ft-lb spec screaming in my head and left it there. Will tighten it back up to 47 ft-lb today.

Mods, consider making this thread a sticky?
                            Last edited by hellcamp; 06-05-2008, 02:01 PM.
                            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                              The post-98 models get addendum's added to the back of the 98 manual -- and page 14-15 for the 04 750 manual addendum says (values identical for the 04-06 Kat 600 & 750's):

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Double checking, so this would be correct for an 05 750?

Comment

Working...
                              X