X

spacer above emulsion tube

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spacer above emulsion tube

Cleaning carbs, lost a part or 2. Need to identify this missing part, please.

Directions said to use an 8mm box wrench to remove the bottom half of the emulsion tube. With the tube out, there is a small spacer that the jet rides in. Make sure to knock it out, and put it aside for later.

I think I lost what they are calling the spacer. Large needle from top goes down into it. I tried to post a pic. I hope it post's. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

That's not an emulsion tube. Lets start out by calling the parts what they are. You use an 8mm wrench to remove the NEEDLE JET HOLDER. The part you are calling a small spacer is the NEEDLE JET. If you are missing that part in the photo, you are missing the NEEDLE JET.
    98-06 Katana carburetor fiche
    In that fiche, you would think it's item #23, but it's not. Look at the name. I can tell you 100% that's not a pilot jet. It's item #12. Look at the name, that's what it is. So you can pay $28.64 + shipping for one, or PM me, I have like 8 spare ones.
    I'll let you know what else is wrong in that fiche. Item #15 that they are saying 15-1 & 15-2 are Main jets (M/J 115 are outside and M/J 112.5 are inside). In the fiche #15 is pointing at the pilot jet. Item #12, which is what you need, is pointing at the main jet. And #23 that they are saying is the pilot jet, is pointing at the needle jet.
    Last edited by arsenic; 11-08-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

I thought it was the needle jet.
      Do you also have a washer for the a/f mix screw, #26 of the fiche? I need one of those too? What do you want for 1 of each, if available, with shipping to 76207?
      thanks

Comment

See the PM I just sent you

Comment

Also, that missing needle jet, do I insert that from below, followed by the needle jet holder
          ? thanks

Comment

correct

Comment

Thanks

Comment

pm sent, thanks

Comment

pm sent but I do not see in my sent items. Did you receive?

Comment

PMs sent don't copy to sent items unless you choose to do so in your options. I'm sure Chris is just asleep right now.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

If you mean you don't see your sent items as in you didn't get tracking information from PayPal. That is because you sent the payment as a gift. I can't print a shipping label because your shipping information is not included. I'm gonna need that.

Comment

Working...
                      X