X

Are the emusion (needle jets) tubes interchangeable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the emusion (needle jets) tubes interchangeable

Are the emulsion tubes interchangeable between the pre and post 98 750s ?

im asking as mine are badly oval-ed and i have a set of nice condition post ones off a friends old bike

cheers Fife

Check Ron ayers web site.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Not even a little bit. They aren't even the same things. The pre 750 are actually a tube. The 98+ are a needle jet and a needle jet holder.

Comment

Weird i got told these were off a post as they have a throttle position sensor on them.

Not got a huge amount of experience with the post bikes but i do know my way round a set of carbs.

I would just order a set from factory pro but i live in the UK and they took the **** with delivering my jet kit (2 months !!!)

This is the tube i pulled out

just checked my mains screw in fine .....it looks like the only difference is lack of the little semi circle metal bit on the end ?
        Last edited by fireyphoenix1989; 10-30-2012, 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have very limited experience with UK jetting. One thing I know for sure is that those are not US 750 emulsion tubes. One thing I've heard is the the TPS appeared in 1996 in the UK. Yes, the emulsion tube is different US to UK. US uses a Y-1, UK a Y-2. While I don't know a lot about UK jetting, I do know a lot about I have a set of pre 98 750 emulsion tubes. They do have the little metal semi circle on top that you are talking about. You'll sure get them a hell of a lot faster than 2 months.
          Last edited by arsenic; 10-30-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I have very limited experience with UK jetting. One thing I know for sure is that those are not US 750 emulsion tubes. One thing I've heard is the the TPS appeared in 1996 in the UK. Yes, the emulsion tube is different US to UK. US uses a Y-1, UK a Y-2. While I don't know a lot about UK jetting, I do know a lot about
            cheers

Im looking in my manual i can see the two different tube models but not a single word about them being different .

hmmm im gonna fit them when i tear the carbs down in the next few days and will report on if they solve the problem
            lol its just finding the time atm as im restoring a GK71F too
            Last edited by fireyphoenix1989; 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I've got a set of BST33's with a TPS as well, which I was told was from a GSX600F (no mention of year), so maybe the TPS showed up earlier on EU/UK models.
              First I was thinking they were of a GSF600, but as I recall it the Bandit came with Keihin carbs?

Comment

Yes, in the US, BST's don't have a TPS. The TPS wasn't introduced until 1998 with the BSR carbs. The Bandit 600 has Keihin carbs, that is correct.

Comment

Working...
                X