X

91 katana got hit while parked, oil everywhere

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 katana got hit while parked, oil everywhere

I had my 91 katana 750 parked outside my apartment, rear wheel against the curb of the sidewalk, when a lady with a big white truck parked directly behind it along the curb, basically so my bike was parked right in front of her grill. Apparently she forgot my bike was there after a while and when she pulled away from the curb she bumped my bike and sent it tumbling over landing on the right side crushing the fairing, and what looks like every drop of oil spilled out of it. I have yet to take off the fairing to have a peek... I am waiting for the insurance agent to take a look first. Thank goodness the lady was decent enough to leave her information so I could call her later after I found my ruined bike.

My question, has this happened to anyone before and what kind of damage can have occurred? She didn't cause any damage from her initial hit, left side of the bike seems fine, but when it hit the ground is when all the damage occurred. I know something cracked or broke. Anyone have any idea what it is just from this miserable description I've given?

When I had my accident on my 01 Katana, I had managed to get the speed down before I impacted the right side on the road. All my oil spewed out due to the bottom part of the pulse generator cover snapping off right at the bottom where the impact was. I sustained fairing damage and had to replace a mirror and the generator cover.
    You may find similar damage as it looks worse than it is at the moment due to being covered in oil.

It's not to much cash for a new cover and gasket, what your fairing damage is you will have to see when it's back upright and a closer inspection made....
    My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

+1. when my fell on the right side it scraped the ignition cover through and leaked minor oil on my shoe for 2 weeks before the new one came in. should be fine with a new cover as long as you didn't attempt to start it with no oil
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monolith View Post
        +1. when my fell on the right side it scraped the ignition cover through )
        Been there, done that...
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Working...
        X