No announcement yet.
X

Factory Pro jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what duder., You have a pre 98, he has a 98+. Are those the same? Not even a little bit.

Comment

Thread drift alert!

What are the advantages of the Factory Pro kit over a Dynojet Kit?

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
        Thread drift alert!

What are the advantages of the Factory Pro kit over a Dynojet Kit?
        Dynojunk sucks, Factory Pro doesn't.
        It's not so much that DJ flat out sucks, they just make it REALLY easy to mess up the install. They make it seem like adding a K&N air filter is a good idea, it's not. They give you all kinds of usless main jets, they make you think like stage 3 is possible, it's not. Sorry but adding pod filters and giant main jets is not going to make it work. FP uses Mikuni main jets, which is much better than DJ numbering system. I'd just take FP over DJ every time.
        Last edited by arsenic; 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Ok now I have an idea of the diferenses between FP and DK.

Could you please tell us the advantages of the FP and Ivanīs????

I live in Mexico city at an altitude of 2,240 metres (7,350 ft), so Im looking to buy the best working kit for my city

So any help would be useful.

crisman

Comment

FP and Ivans are both very good kits. If your bike is totally stock, go with Ivans kit. If you have any mods, use FP, it comes with different sets of main jets and offers more room to adjust. I prefer Factory Pro, but that's because I don't like the fact that Ivans kit only comes with one set of main jets. It's a good kit none the less.

Comment

Well seeing as this thread is still alive I figure I might as well do a review of the jet kit since Ive been riding quite a bit with it installed.

Warm up time is greatly reduced, I couldnt believe how fast it is ready to ride now from sitting overnight. The midrange feels like it pulls harder now even though it doesnt add any power. The power delivery is very smooth over the whole rpm range especially around cruising rpm (4-5k). Also it seems like my gas mileage increased a little bit which is very strange, maybe because im using less throttle when cruising.

Overall I would definetly recommend getting one and with the instructions its very easy to set up. Just make sure you replace the float bowl screws with ss hex screws because you are going to mess them up trying to get them out.

A side note is that occasionally you can find the factory pro jet kit on ebay for $90 and some change shipped to your door. Just a fyi for anyone trying to justify your purchase

Comment

Working...
              X