X

Seafoam in tank old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam in tank old?

I just cleaned the mess outta my carbs and it ran fine that day, the next day I go to start her up and she seems dirty again, I work with the guy I traded it for and he said he put sea foam in it last season before winter with a full tank of gas...could this be the reason she seems congested again? I knew I shoulda dumped that gas out when I had it off

I would clean the tank real good and go from there. Don't know much bout sea foam.

Comment

Could be rust or other junk in the tank, but yeah if the fuel is old or suspect try some fresh stuff first.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I doubt the seafoam is the culprit. Check tank for rust and junk and swap out the fuel filter

Comment

The problem is old gas or a dirty tank, seafoam is a good preservative but can't fix old nasty fuel.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Give the tank a dose of Star Tron to kick start the remaining old fuel or water in the tank.
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Dump fuel into a clear container and see if you have floaties suspended in it. If so check tank for rust. If rusted por-15 the inside, rebuild carbs and try again
              Ride like it's your last ride
              sigpic

Comment

Aww man I just cleaned them! Alright gonna dump out the old crap clean the carbs...again...and cross my fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
                  Aww man I just cleaned them! Alright gonna dump out the old crap clean the carbs...again...and cross my fingers!
                  Make sure you really clean the tank well first, otherwise you'll be doing this again and again.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                  X