Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Petcock wouldn't budge. Had to push the damn bike.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock wouldn't budge. Had to push the damn bike.

Well I ran out of fuel (partly my fault, party gauge's fault). So I tried to switch the petcock to reserve when what to my wondering eye did appear, a damn knob that wouldn't budge. I couldn't get the bastard to move. I tried every combination of clutch in/out,power on/off, 1st/neutral, etc. I could think of and it still wouldn't turn in either direction. I ended up having to push the thing a quarter mile to a gas station. Any tricks to it or do I need to replace it?

Thanks,
    bama
    What the deuce!?!

You need to replace or rebuild it. There are no interlocks, so clutch/gear/sidestand position dosn't matter.

/kiba
    find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Originally posted by kiba
      You need to replace or rebuild it. There are no interlocks, so clutch/gear/sidestand position dosn't matter.

/kiba
      +1
      I just rebuilt mine, not hard to do at all.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

its because the rear tire presure is to low!!!lol i would just rebuild it.but to be safe check the tire presure...

Comment

Petcock lubricant!

Just joking. It's frozen from lack of use. It's why I suggest riders twist their petcocks (in private) occassionally to keep it fully functional!

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Petcock lubricant!

Just joking. It's frozen from lack of use. It's why I suggest riders twist their petcocks (in private) occassionally to keep it fully functional!

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            i got a wife to do that and she does it quite well too

yeah cyber correct on this a good twisting thru the range of motion it good once in a while

Comment

Mine gets really sticky sometimes and will NOT go into res unless I turn it to prime first . Works fine once I "break it free" .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Mine gets really sticky sometimes and will NOT go into res unless I turn it to prime first . Works fine once I "break it free" .
                It wouldn't budge either way. I guess it's frozen like yall said. Is it easier cheaper just to buy a new one or to get a rebuild kit?

Thanks for the help,
                bama
                What the deuce!?!

Comment

easy to rebuild an cheaper too . takes all of 30 mins to do total tank off rebuild pet cock put tank back on

Comment

Originally posted by sinfulkat
                    easy to rebuild an cheaper too . takes all of 30 mins to do total tank off rebuild pet cock put tank back on
                    Cool, thanks, contacting Special K now about getting one.
                    What the deuce!?!

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama

ok im gonna put this here special k aint the only place in the world to buy a pet cock rebuild kit k&l supply has them there about 27 bucks any decent bikes shop that has access to then can order you one and have it in a few days

thank you

Comment

ok im gonna put this here special k aint the only place in the world to buy a pet cock rebuild kit k&l supply has them there about 27 bucks any decent bikes shop that has access to then can order you one and have it in a few days

thank you
                        So what's the problem with ordering them from Special K? If he has them and is willing to sell them, and they are not overpriced, I'd rather order one from him than give my business to someone else. My momma aint the only person that makes pralines, but I'd rather eat my momma's pralines than someone elses. Calm down. And use punctuation. It's easier to read.
                        What the deuce!?!

Comment

So what's the problem with ordering them from Special K? If he has them and is willing to sell them, and they are not overpriced, I'd rather order one from him than give my business to someone else.
                          That's really sweet of you, especially consider that SpecialK carries (or at least carried) half the cost of keeping this board running. Meanwhile, I understand that all his inventory has been transfered to BraadaJim (who pays for the other half of the board), so PM BraadaJim instead...

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well.............allow me to weigh in here...................

I AM still alive...............

I AM still involved with this site..................

I'm pretty sure Jim is still looking for me to pay my half of the costs of things around here. We started it, and we still own it, so I owe half of whatever................

I DID take all my $35,000 worth of parts to BRAADA JIM for him to sell. I now have a full time job that EATS UP all my spare time.

I DO have the rebuild kits. They are $25 DELIVERED to the lower 48. (BEAT THAT if you can!)

K&L makes them. I get them from my old buddy at the aftermarket parts place - they come from Parts Unlimited, who get them from K&L.
                            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
                              I DID take all my $35,000 worth of parts to BRAADA JIM for him to sell. I now have a full time job that EATS UP all my spare time.

I DO have the rebuild kits. They are $25 DELIVERED to the lower 48. (BEAT THAT if you can!)
                              Please clarify this for me: when I know you'd have been the person to contact previously, do I send them to Jim (since he has the inventory), or still send 'em to you (like on this petcock issue where you made the statement that you "have" the kits)?

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X