X

Key locked under the seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key locked under the seat

So I was helping a friend of mine work on his pre-Kat (94 600) to change the battery... And the idiot managed to lock his key under his seat.

He never had a spare key made for it when he bought it, albeit telling him to get one made probably a dozen times.

I'm looking for a way to remove the seat, without damaging anything.

As the bike sits, it has all the fairings on.
    Is there any way I can get to the seat latch cable with the tail fairing on and in one piece?

I just looked at my new 1999 gtx 600 to see how I'd do it if I ever was so unlucky.

It looks to me that you could stick a hooking object into a crack underneath the license plate and hook the wire that connects the key mechanism to the lock mechanism; it's a pull arrangement.

Comment

Here you go kids:

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=key+locked+under+seat&sitesearch=katriders.com &domains=katriders.com"]key locked under seat site:katriders.com - Google Search[/ame]

Enjoy.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i always grabbed a small object like a close hanger and pushed the little lever inside by shimmying it under the seat

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post

I will never understand why people do not take the time to use the search option. It's faster than waiting for people to respond and odds are there are 50 other threads about the same topic. SMH...

Comment

Working...
          X