X

Clutch Connection/Adjuster/casing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Connection/Adjuster/casing

I've only had my '95 GSX 600f for a month and a half. After a couple days of riding it, needed to fix a rear tire issue.

After loading it in the truck and unloading it, I couldn't get it to start. It was in neutral, it had gas, battery is great...no sound no movement..nothing. Had to travel for a few weeks.

Got the tire issue fixed. Took it home...still didn't start. So was thinking, because my clutch lever was kinda finicky before that, that I'd look around there. (By finicky I mean it was really hard to pull, and even then you had to kinda pull up to get the right spot, this was best seen when starting the bike). I took the cover off, first thing I noticed was my GEAR SENSOR was completely severed, so I replaced that, thinking maybe then it'd recognize neutral?)

Then I replaced the pieces, as shown in pictures...trying my best to do it like it is in service manual. Still no start, but this time I cant shift up or down...at all. It usually would click nicely into 1st even without clutch...nope.

Before putting on I adjusted the clutch cable adjuster as the service manual asked...feels good.

Two questions:

This PIN that is sticking out, in picture also, that connects to or rather, "inserts" into the clutch cable adjuster, doesn't catch at all. How does this pull the clutch then? Or is mine busted/broken/missing something. The pin that I'm assuming is meant to be moved by the clutch cable..seems to do nothing to it. But I can't really see what's going on as to do this the cover must be on.

Second question, if it's not the clutch/gear sensor...any thoughts. The bike is in neutral (as I can roll it), but it isn't starting. Battery is good. It started fine many many times before---I know this is broad, I guess I'm thinking I'm not sure whether to start looking at more sensors (ive read about people that disable kick sensors, maybe this is engaging again?). I have an inkling that the clutch/clutch cable/gears are...needing tuning.

Thanks for any help.

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

If you press the starter button and nonthing happens (no click, no nothing) it's probably a combination of saftey switch issues possible. Side stand, clutch lever, neutral sensor all work together as part of this. If the neutral sensor works and shows neutral light when in neutral and it still won't do anything, I would look at the clutch lever switch first.

As for the rod and your clutch... it doesn't pull anything, it's pushes. Your cable pulles the mechanism on the side cover, that has a worm gear. When it turns, it moves out towards the engine pushing on the rod. The rod pushes the clutch basket apart so no pressure is on the clutch plates.

Download the manual and make sure your properly adjusting the clutch and cable fully. Doing it in the wrong order can cause issues and make it out of adjustment.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

K I checked the wiring on the saftey stuff. Whoever had this before me had this whack wrap up with tape job holding all my clutch and saftey sensors on. The electronic pieces up by the hand grip clutch we all confused...so, I put em together, hit the start switch and it turned over!
      YES!

So I'm re-soddering the sensors on the left hand clutch area and replacing my clutch cable and then readjusting.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X