X

Aquired a 92 GSX600F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquired a 92 GSX600F

I recently bought my first bike, its a 92 Gsx 600 F. I got if for a great deal considering the bike and its conditions. New V&H exhaust, new BattleAx tires, new brakes, chain, sprocket, freshly tuned. Problem is, the previous owner and company, decided to try to run Aviation Fuel, from my understanding its a top grade "hot" fuel that is comparable to racing fuel. Thing was is "company" could run it in a 1980 something Honda 900 Super Sport or some such bike... So they decided to try it in the Katana. Lets say it didn't go well. They get the bike back to the driveway and its vomiting fuel from the carbs and overloading the motor. In the few hours tinkering with the carbs and trying to get the bike running we have had cyclinders hyrdraulic on us.

Now I'm finally getting to my questions.... I'm preparing to work my *** off to get this babe up and running, But what I don't know is exactly what could be causing these issues. Is it just burnt out jets from the "hot" fuel? The floats themselves seem to be fine just looking at them, even after drowning the carbs in fuel off the bike the floats don't seem to fill with fuel. The floats basically being the most expensive part I'm trying to get around replacing them right away. But WILL If I HAVE To obviously. Also the Diagphrams on the Opposite side of the bowl seem to be perfectly intact. I've removed them and held them to light and couldn't see any rips or holes from visual inspection.

Carbs being some of the more complicated and "Picky" (Needing alot of fine tuning) and I'm sure I don't have to mention Expensive... I'm just trying to find the cheapest route to get the bike rideable, in close proximity to home to get in practice for endorsement and such.
    I'm just looking for people more experienced in carb work, I've done fairly little of it in my lifetime but looking forward to the opportunity. I would greatly appreciate anyones input and thanks ahead of time for reading/responding.
    92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

The "cheapest" route would be to buy a rebuilt set, all ready to go. Trying to fix your current set is going to be expensive and time consuming. Of course I sell rebuilt carbs, so my opinion is biased. Wait for others to respond.

Comment

I'm taking any and all advice so thank you =)
      92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

Working...
      X